Welcome to the 6th Annual SBC Bright Energies/JIYO Industry Achievement Awards
The Moss Theatre at New Roads School at the Herb Alpert Educational Village
April 19, 2017
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
SBC Bright Energies/JIYO Industry Achievement Awards Featuring
- Emcee: Boise Thomas
- EcoStyle Host, Marci Zaroff, ECOFashion Pioneer and Founder, Under the Canopy and
- Awards DEMO Showcaser Host Kiernan Kit, Founder, Truth for Gold
- Appetizers provided by Follow Your Heart.
- Organic Wines by Casabarranca and Beer from Laganitas.
- Local fare from top restaurateurs for voting on during the SBC's People Choice Award: Sustainable Restaurant competition.
- Solar DJ.
- Networking with sustainable business leaders and investors.
7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Sixth Annual SBC Industry Achievement Awards Ceremony Featuring Inspirational Talks from
- Van Jones, Founder and President, The Dream Corps, CNN Political Commentator, SBC's Public Activist Award Recipient
- Kabira Stokes, CEO, Homeboy Recycling, SBC's Sustainable Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award Recipient
- Mike Sullivan, Owner, LAcarGuy, SBC's Supporter Honoree Award Recipient
- Bob Goldberg, CEO and Founder, Follow Your Heart, SBC's Pioneer Award Recipient
Awards presented to SBC’s Sustainable Seedling Small Business Award (Revenue under $100,000), SBC's Sustainable Small Business Award (Revenue between $100,000-$1 Million Dollars), SBC's Sustainable Business Award (Revenue $1-$10 Million Dollars), SBC's Sustainable Big Business Award (Revenue over $10 Million Dollars), SBC's Sustainable Plant-based Restaurant, SBC's Sustainable Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award, SBC's Activist Award, SBC's Pioneer in Sustainability Award, SBC's Supporter Honoree Award, SBC's Climate Leader Award.